Gram flour 3/4 cup
Butter milk 1.50 cups
Turmeric powder 1/4 tbsp
Mustard seed 1 tbsp
Sesame seed 1 tbsp
Curry leaves 10 leaves
Grated coconut 2 tbsp
Coriander green 1 tbsp(chopped)
Chili red whole(dry) 2
Chili green 2
- Sieve the flour with butter milk,turmeric and salt to make a smooth batter of flowing consistency.
- Transfer the batter into a thick bottom pan and heat on a flame, stirring constantly so teat lumps do not form.Keep stirring till batter become thick.Taste the batter to see if the batter is cooked.
- Grease the reverse side of the3 or 4 thalis and spread the mixture as thinly as possible with the back of ladle on the greased surface while the batter is still hot.
- Roll up like swiss roll.Cut 25 mm pieces out of each big roll to get bite sized khandvis.
- Place these on a serving dish.
- To prepare the tempering,heat the oil and add the mustard seed and stir until they start to crackle, add broken red chilies and stir for few seconds.
- Add sesame seed,curry laeves,green chilies , sir for 10 seconds and pour over khandvis.
- Serve with garnishing of coriander and coconut
- Energy : 330 Kcal
- Protein : 4.1 gm